The Mission of SAFE Haven is
“to improve the quality of life for youth and families by providing
safe living environments, crisis support, and community intervention.”
SAFE Haven values include
“diversity, self determination, empathy and compassion, the health and safety of youth, and collaboration with others in the pursuit of excellence in the provision of human services.”
Youth must meet the following criteria to be accepted into the program
- Youth must be of the ages 10-17.
- Youth must receive permission from parent/guardian.
- Youth who may be experiencing a crisis in the home and needs time away.
- Youth who are homeless and in need of shelter and case management services.
- Youth who present problems, desire to work on issues, and seem committed to the program.
- Provide crisis intervention services for youth who have runaway, are homeless, abused, other troubled youth, and families in need.
- Reunite youth with their families, when appropriate, and encourage resolutions through counseling and case managing.
- Strengthen family relationships and encourage stable living condition for youth.
- Help youth decide upon constructive course of action.
Youth residents with receive free services such as…
- Case Management
- Information and Referrals
A runaway teen makes an easy target for fraud, robbery, or exploitation through human trafficking. Many become involved with drugs, pornography, survival sex, or teen prostitution.
In a small number of cases, some have been abducted or murdered. Those who do manage to survive on the streets are at risk for sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, alcohol or other drug abuse, and suicide.
Youth who comply with rules may be able to stay for up to 14 days.
SAFE Haven of Racine, Inc.
1030 Washington Ave.
Racine, WI 53403
Copyright 2014 – SAFE Haven of Racine, Inc. – All Rights Reserved